Business Development Intern / Apprentice
MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. (MentorWorks) is a workforce development, fintech venture that provides income-based financing (also known as Income Share Agreements) with a mission to open pathways to education and careers for students and candidates who may not have had the financial or social capital to do it on their own.
We not only provide an alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans for students in higher education, certificate, and technical programs, but we also offer career support and access to jobs through our proprietary Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP), apprenticeships and employer connections.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The individual in this role will assist in the business development process in promoting ISA (Income Share Agreement) financing options to schools ranging from technical/vocational to accredited universities. This individual will be primarily responsible for tracking leads but must have the confidence and comfort to interact with C level executives during introductory sessions.
You must be a self-starter with some experience in sales strategy/planning in addition to some pure sales experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess MentorWorks’ team mindset and like to “get stuff done” for optimal personality fit
- Self-motivated, experienced professional in an ever-changing industry
- Ethical, reliable, dedicated, loyal – must do the right thing for the partner … always
- Builder and maintainer of long-term professional relationships
- Personable – excellent communicator, excellent writing skills with the ability to effectively educate our partner base with authority
- Terrific presentation skills and storytelling skills
- Top-notch collaborator internally and externally
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
- The individual must have the maturity and responsibility to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- We are a start-up at the cutting edge of finance/education/technology and with great ambitions; those who share the passion and commitment to “leave it all on the field” every day will find a good home with us.
MentorWorks has been built by intelligent, hard-working, and passionate people who want to be part of something vastly different and truly effect change. We want people that dream big and possess a work ethic that inspires those around them. We are looking for forward-thinking individuals. You will not be micromanaged. Instead, you will have the freedom and responsibility to achieve your goals and will be accountable for setting and meeting expectations.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT MENTORWORKS