< Back to Careers Page
Full Stack Software Developer
This position is remote, Eastern Time (ET) zone preferred. You must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. for consideration.
Who We Are
MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. (MentorWorks) is a Fintech venture that provides income-based financing (also known as Income Share Agreements) to students in higher education and certificate programs. Our mission is to open pathways to education and careers for students and candidates who may not have had the financial or social capital to do it on their own.
We make quality education affordable and employment available to all students, regardless of background, and to help them develop the most fruitful career pathways. We not only provide student loan alternatives but also career support and access to jobs through our proprietary Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP) for free online career coaching.
Who We Need
MentorWorks has been built by intelligent, hard-working, and passionate people who want to be part of something vastly different and truly effect change. We want people that dream big and possess a work ethic that inspires those around them. We are looking for forward-thinking individuals who produce solutions rather than wait for them. You will not be micromanaged. Instead, you will have the freedom and responsibility to achieve your goals and will be accountable for setting and meeting expectations.
What You Will Do
- You enjoy making well-designed, delightful web experiences.
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for at least 3 years.
- You have experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Cypress.
- You are familiar with CSS-in-JS libraries like Styled Components and Emotion.
- You are familiar with at least one React-compatible UI framework (ex: Theme UI, Grommet, Material, Foundation, Semantic UI, Fabric).
- You have developed Node.js applications using Express, Next.js or Sails, linking up to NoSQL and SQL database backends.
- You have developed Python-based backends using Django and/or Flask.
- You are familiar with BaaS providers like Google’s Firebase or Amazon’s Amplify.
- CI/CD is a non-negotiable part of your development workflow.
- You can communicate technical concepts to colleagues in various roles within the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- You have experience working in a startup environment.
- You can take on banking-level technical compliance work.
- You can take on Hubspot API and setup.
- You can take on integrations with credit-check agencies.
- Available for occasional travel to the Boston area as conditions allow.
- You have developed a microservice or API and deployed it to the cloud using “serverless” techniques.
- You have designed, built, and deployed a native mobile app using Swift (iOS), Java/Kotlin (Android), or a cross platform app using React Native.
- You are familiar with modern information security and user accessibility requirements.
MentorWorks Employee Benefits Include
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Flexible and Unlimited Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Remote Work Environment
- 401K Plan
- Payroll-Deduction Savings Account (optional)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 17+ Paid Company Holidays
- 8 paid holidays
- Thanksgiving Week Break (3 days, Wed-Fri)
- End of Year Holiday Break (at least 5 business days)
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT MENTORWORKS
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Micha Sabovik, MentorWorks COO.