MentorWorks has built the industry-leading, front-to-back infrastructure for compliant origination, underwriting, servicing and career support.
What We Do for Our School Partners
Our Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP) is an online hub for students that combines career coaching, financial literacy, and employment opportunities.
- 100s of new members join TAP every month
- You become visible to them as our vetted and trusted partner
- Nearly 70% have expressed interest in pursing a new degree, certificate or skills training
Our Income Share Agreement (ISA) program provides a student loan alternative – lowering barriers to entry for students who gain admission but would otherwise be unable to finance a graduate or certificate program.
- ISAs require no payments from students until employed
- They do not accrue interest
- We do not base our decision on FICO scores
ISAs may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
MentorWorks-supported students earn an average income increase of 217% within 3 years of graduation.
- We roll up our sleeves and help your students get jobs
- Our growing roster of hiring partners includes Liberty Mutual, Boston Children’s Hospital, Wayfair, Putnam Investments
- Aligned interests: your studentâ€™s success is your success. And ultimately ours.
Our Commitment to Best Practices
- National Bank-Based Origination: We chose to proactively comply with lending regulations by partnering with a national bank. The unified regulatory / compliance framework allows for seamless origination in all 50 states
- Best In Class Servicing: Exclusive joint venture with a pedigreed student loan servicer. History of having served over 1 million student loans already
- Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Status: First and only in the ISA space. Opens access to lower cost capital
- Thoughtful and Rigorous Program Design: Delivered by a team with unmatched expertise spanning academics, data science and investment management. Stress tested for real world scenarios
- Customer Service: Live support from live humans in whatever form students prefer, phone, text, email, etc. We utilize our own Boston based team, not call centers
- Scalable Capital: Institutional capital sources mean we can scale with you with speed