MentorWorks has built the industry-leading, front-to-back infrastructure for compliant origination, underwriting, servicing and career support.
What We Do for Our School Partners
Our Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP) is an online hub for students that combines career coaching, financial literacy, and employment opportunities.
- 100s of new members join TAP every month
- You become visible to them as our vetted and trusted partner
- Nearly 70% have expressed interest in pursing a new degree, certificate or skills training
Our Income Share Agreement (ISA) program provides a student loan alternative – lowering barriers to entry for students who gain admission but would otherwise be unable to finance a graduate or certificate program.
- ISAs require no payments from students until employed
- They do not accrue interest
- We do not base our decision on FICO scores
ISAs may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
MentorWorks-supported students earn an average income increase of 217% within 3 years of graduation.
- We roll up our sleeves and help your students get jobs
- Our growing roster of hiring partners includes Liberty Mutual, Boston Children’s Hospital, Wayfair, Putnam Investments
- Aligned interests: your student’s success is your success. And ultimately ours.
Our Commitment to Best Practices
- National Bank-Based Origination: We chose to proactively comply with lending regulations by partnering with a national bank. The unified regulatory / compliance framework allows for seamless origination in all 50 states
- Best In Class Servicing: Exclusive joint venture with a pedigreed student loan servicer. History of having served over 1 million student loans already
- Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Status: First and only in the ISA space. Opens access to lower cost capital
- Thoughtful and Rigorous Program Design: Delivered by a team with unmatched expertise spanning academics, data science and investment management. Stress tested for real world scenarios
- Customer Service: Live support from live humans in whatever form students prefer, phone, text, email, etc. We utilize our own Boston based team, not call centers
- Scalable Capital: Institutional capital sources mean we can scale with you with speed
Our School Partners
What Schools Are Saying About MentorWorks
“Venture University’s mission is to disrupt the venture capital and private equity asset class, as well as education itself by offering a program where individuals receive high quality experiential learning and professional development. In the pursuit of continuing to innovate the future of education, we’re excited to now offer ISAs as an alternative and innovative payment option, which is aligned with the success of our alumni’s careers.”
“We are thrilled to be partnering with MentorWorks for ISA funding. This unique funding option will ensure more students have access to the skill development they need for the future economy and receive additional career support after taking one of our many bootcamp programs.”
“Our approach is to do everything we can to mitigate the costs while keeping quality high, and partnering with the best, most innovative companies we can find is a great way to do that. Karthik Krishnan, Ki Akrami and the MentorWorks team have done an incredible job, innovating on the ISA front. We’re very excited about this partnership, our shared mission and values, and what this new option brings to our students toward breaking down financial barriers.”