BECOME A SOFTWARE OR WEB DEVELOPER NOW!
Go to Code Camp. Don’t Go Into Debt.
Want to Learn How to Code?
Worried About How to Pay for Bootcamp?
Go to School Now + Don’t Pay Until You Have a Job!
MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. partners with a wide array of schools to provide students funding for education via Income Share Agreements (ISAs) – an income-driven alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans.
To accelerate career paths for individuals interested in becoming software engineers and web developers, we’ve partnered with multiple institutions, enabling each coding bootcamp to offer students ISAs to enroll and complete the coursework, paying only when employed.
MentorWorks Education Capital is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI),
certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Information below and on the subsequent pages is provided by each of the colleges, universities, schools and institutions corresponding to their listing under “Featured Schools” (Schools) and is publicly available on their respective websites, (2020). MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. (MentorWorks) is not a representative of any of the Schools nor does the listing of any of the Schools constitute a recommendation, endorsement, or accreditation. Schools are not representatives or an affiliates of MentorWorks or Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. References on this website to Schools do not guarantee ISA eligibility or serve as financial advice. You should carefully consider your choice of educational program and seek advice from a qualified advisor.
Featured Coding Schools with ISA Funding
WHAT IS AN ISA?
Income Share Agreements (ISAs) are a flexible alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans. Basically, students pay a percentage of their future income for a set period of time, up to a maximum cap, without accruing interest. Unlike a loan, students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold. The payments adjust according to the level of the student’s income – providing downside protections for the student. ISAs may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
HOW PAYMENT WORKS
- Students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold
- The payments adjust according to levels of the student’s income
- Monthly payments are calculated by applying the income share rate to the total monthly earned income
- ISA obligations can be ended earlier by making early payments as listed in the early payment schedule
ISA vs. STUDENT LOAN COMPARISON
|Income Share Agreements VS. PLUS/Private Loans|
|Interest does not accrue or capitalize.||Interest accrues and capitalizes.|
|Your credit score does not affect the terms of your ISA.||Your credit score may affect the terms of your loan and could impact your eligibility.|
|Monthly payments are based on a percentage of your income.||You pay a fixed amount each month, regardless of your income.|
|Payments don’t start until you make above the minimum salary level in your ISA contract.||You make payments, even if you are not making an income.|
|You only make ISA payments within a specific timeframe, usually 5-7 years. After that your obligation is over.||Loan payment term can extend indefinitely until you pay off the principal and interest.|
|You know the maximum amount you’ll pay, no matter what.||Interest is capitalized, so the final payoff amount can increase over the life of the loan if you do not make minimum monthly payments.|
THE MENTORWORKS MISSION
Our mission is to open pathways to education and careers for students and candidates who may not have had the financial or social capital to do it on their own.
MENTORWORKS FUND & SUPPORT MODEL
Which Students We Fund
- College juniors & seniors and Master’s degree / post-graduate students
- Trainees in boot-camp, professional or trade certificate programs
- Aspiring career-changers & experienced professionals facing unemployment
How We Support Job Candidates
- Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP) – comprehensive, personalized job search & career coaching program
- MW Labs Experience – experiential learning opportunities to propose solutions to hiring employers
- Employer Engagement – live virtual events with employers, mentoring sessions and practice interviews