< Back to Careers Page
Digital Product Designer
This position is contract-to-permanent and remote, Eastern Tme (ET) zone preferred. You must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. for consideration.
Who We Are
MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. (MentorWorks) is a Fintech venture that provides income-based financing (also known as Income Share Agreements) to students in higher education and certificate programs. Our mission is to open pathways to education and careers for students and candidates who may not have had the financial or social capital to do it on their own.
We make quality education affordable and employment available to all students, regardless of background, and to help them develop the most fruitful career pathways. We not only provide student loan alternatives but also career support and access to jobs through our proprietary Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP) for free online career coaching.
Who We Need
MentorWorks has been built by intelligent, hard-working, and passionate people who want to be part of something vastly different and truly effect change. We want people that dream big and possess a work ethic that inspires those around them. We are looking for forward-thinking individuals who produce solutions rather than wait for them. You will not be micromanaged. Instead, you will have the freedom and responsibility to achieve your goals and will be accountable for setting and meeting expectations.
MentorWorks is looking for a talented, friendly, and thoughtful Digital Product Designer to join us in scaling our technical platforms.
Why You Should Apply
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better.
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount.
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time.
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring.
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach.
- You believe in sweating the details, giving a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What You Will Do
You’re a multi-disciplinary design generalist who’s equally comfortable at all stages of the product design lifecycle, from research and information architecture to visual and production design to prototyping and animation. You have a track record of leading high-profile product initiatives to great outcomes for users and businesses alike. You’re a terrific communicator who can help steer cross-functional teams from idea to implementation. You have a demonstrated ability to approach multifaceted problems holistically and create elegant, simple solutions. Above all, you’re a self-starter who thrives in autonomy and can work effectively with little oversight.
- A standout portfolio showcasing exemplary visual design chops and product sensibilities.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a consulting environment or as part of an in-house, cross-functional product team.
- Mastery of current UI/UX best practices, as well as modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, and/or Framer.
- Experience designing consumer-facing native applications for iOS and/or Android and a fluent command of each platform’s native design guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend creative choices persuasively at varying levels of resolution.
- Above-average discipline and personal organization skills.
- Obvious comfort with critique in the context of an iterative design process.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring other designers.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of product design.
- Have experience conducting customer research ranging from qualitative data analysis to hands-on usability testing.
- Have strong illustration, animation, and/or 3D design chops.
- Have experience with motion design tools like Adobe After Effects and/or Cinema4D.
MentorWorks Employee Benefits Include
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Flexible and Unlimited Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Remote Work Environment
- 401K Plan
- Payroll-Deduction Savings Account (optional)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 17+ Paid Company Holidays
- 8 paid holidays
- Thanksgiving Week Break (3 days, Wed-Fri)
- End of Year Holiday Break (at least 5 business days)
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT MENTORWORKS
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Micha Sabovik, MentorWorks COO.