Director of Product
This position is permanent, full-time and remote, Eastern Time (ET) zone preferred. You must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident or legally authorized to work in the U.S. for consideration.
WHO WE ARE
MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. (MentorWorks) is a workforce development, fintech venture that provides income-based financing (also known as Income Share Agreements) with a mission to open pathways to education and careers for students and candidates who may not have had the financial or social capital to do it on their own.
We not only provide an alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans for students in higher education, certificate, and technical programs, but we also offer career support and access to jobs through our proprietary Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP), apprenticeships and employer connections.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
MentorWorks is looking for a talented, friendly, and thoughtful Director of Product to join us to successfully oversee the current suite of products as well as gather client feedback for upgrades and improvements.
The Director is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Director also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Drive the execution and management of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Further define and refine the product strategy, core positioning/messaging and roadmap for both of our proprietary platforms: the Income Share Agreement (ISA) Platform and the Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP)
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple departments
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Create product strategy/sales documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases and technical requirements
- Analyze and identify desired outcomes in product development, and chart actionable plans to ensure success in delivery
- Perform product demos to customers and educate the sales team on product functionality and approved messaging
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Ideate new product ideas and strategize appropriate go-to-market plans
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong experience in a dynamic product/project management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Multi-disciplinary skill set
Strong organizational and people skills
- The ability to take complex concepts and break them down, teach and train others well, but also lead with helpful sales/pitch tactics on products
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Previous software and web development experience
- Wireframing and prototyping experience with UML, Framer, etc.
- Customer service, customer/vendor relations, B2C, QA, field testing support, quick and resourceful with problem solving and troubleshooting
- Proven experience working as a product developer in a non-managerial role
- Demonstrable knowledge of SEM and online advertising
WHO WE NEED
MentorWorks has been built by intelligent, hard-working, and passionate people who want to be part of something vastly different and truly effect change. We want people that dream big and possess a work ethic that inspires those around them. We are looking for forward-thinking individuals. You will not be micromanaged. Instead, you will have the freedom and responsibility to achieve your goals and will be accountable for setting and meeting expectations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Operationally adept with a marketing mindset
- Analytical, yet creative
- List maker, team player, go-getter – someone who builds templates, loves testing and reporting
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating and mentoring
- You want to work on products and accounts that have outsized impact and reach
WHAT WE OFFER
MentorWorks full-time employee benefits include:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- $50,000 life insurance (with option to add additional coverage)
- Flexible and Unlimited Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Remote Work Environment
- 401K Plan
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 17+ Paid Company Holidays
- 8 paid holidays
- Thanksgiving Week Break (3 days, Wed-Fri)
- End of Year Holiday Break (at least 5 business days)
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT MENTORWORKS
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Micha Sabovik, MentorWorks COO.