BECOME A CLINICAL TRIAL PROFESSIONAL
Want to Upskill?
Worried About How to Pay for Your Education?
Go to School Now + Don’t Pay Until You Have a Job!
MentorWorks is changing the game when it comes to education finance and career enhancement tools, providing students with the flexibility to pursue their chosen career path with an ISA which is a flexible, innovative alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans.
As part of our innovative “fund and support” model, the MentorWorks Income Share Agreement (ISA) program – issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. – offers ISA financing with career development and professional mentoring, as well as access to employers through our online Talent Accelerator Platform.
To accelerate career paths for individuals interested in becoming clinical trial professionals, we’ve partnered with Stack Education, enabling the certificate program to offer ISA financing to complete their programs. Unlike a loan, students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold.
WHAT IS AN ISA?
Income Share Agreements (ISAs) are a flexible alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans. Basically, students pay a percentage of their future income for a set period of time, up to a maximum cap, without accruing interest. Unlike a loan, students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold. The payments adjust according to the level of the student’s income – providing downside protections for the student. ISAs may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
HOW PAYMENT WORKS
- Students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold
- The payments adjust according to levels of the student’s income
- Monthly payments are calculated by applying the income share rate to the total monthly earned income
- ISA obligations can be ended earlier by making early payments as listed in the early payment schedule
ISA vs. STUDENT LOAN COMPARISON
|Income Share Agreements VS. PLUS/Private Loans|
|Interest does not accrue or capitalize.||Interest accrues and capitalizes.|
|Your credit score does not affect the terms of your ISA.||Your credit score may affect the terms of your loan and could impact your eligibility.|
|Monthly payments are based on a percentage of your income.||You pay a fixed amount each month, regardless of your income.|
|Payments don’t start until you make above the minimum salary level in your ISA contract.||You make payments, even if you are not making an income.|
|You only make ISA payments within a specific timeframe, usually 5-7 years. After that your obligation is over.||Loan payment term can extend indefinitely until you pay off the principal and interest.|
|You know the maximum amount you’ll pay, no matter what.||Interest is capitalized, so the final payoff amount can increase over the life of the loan if you do not make minimum monthly payments.|
Stack Education collaborates with university partners to deliver expertly designed curriculum to diverse local students, on-campus and online.
How Stack is Unique
- Diversity & Inclusion – Bringing communities together through opportunity is a core value in the Stack Education mission. They are dedicated to improving diversity in higher education and STEM workspaces by providing equal opportunity education. Their programs have proven results teaching students diverse in race, age, gender, socio-economic background and more.
- Professional Development – Their proprietary Professional Acceleration Program curriculum (PACC) gives students the necessary capabilities and skills required to thrive in business and in life. This curriculum includes Individualized and Immediate Feedback, Understanding Your Unique Personal Journey, and Professional Coaching.
- Career Support – Upon completion of the Certificate Program, students will have a job-ready professional portfolio. Graduates also receive 12 weeks of personalized career counseling to help them build a professional network. Stack Education’s alumni continue to be supported by Stack Education long after graduation.
- Stack Certificate Program Schools
- Courses + Programs
- Outcomes + Stats
- Admissions + Applying
- Tuition + Financing
- DATA ANALYTICS & DATA SCIENCE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS – These 3-, 6-, and 20-week programs give you the technical skills & experience you need to build data models, create data visualizations, and make truly data-driven business & technical decisions.
- CLINICAL TRIAL MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS – This course provides training in the practice of contributing to the running of effective, efficient, and ethically compliant research that determines the benefits, effects and risks of new and existing drugs, devices, and medical procedures.
Stack Education Approach
- Market-driven – Stack Education curriculum is developed with local industry experts to incorporate cutting edge technologies and industry trends. They take a collaborative, flexible, & innovative approach to improving diversity in higher education and STEM workspaces by providing equal opportunity education.
- Industry-Expert Instructors – Their instructors are all industry practitioners and provide personalized classroom experience for students with live teaching, office hours, and mentorship. Combining online and on-campus classes creates a modern hybrid delivery model that perfectly harmonizes technology and personal connection.
- Industry Project – They provide students with an industry project in partnership with a local business. During the Industry Project, students work as a Student Consultant for a real company grappling with a relevant technical problem to gain experience using their new skills outside the classroom.
School-reported Student Data
Recent success stories and testimonials can be found at medium.com/stackeducation.
Choose a school & course and request the program guide!
DATA ANALYTICS & DATA SCIENCE
University of Vermont
Framingham State University
Worcester State University
CLINICAL TRIAL MANAGEMENT
Worcester State University
Saint Joseph’s University
Indiana Wesleyan University
Tuition & Payment Plans
Data Analytics & Data Science Certificate Program: $11,995
PAY IN FULL WITH DISCOUNT
Pay full tuition at the start of the program and receive $250 off
Up-front Cost: $11,995
INCOME SHARE AGREEMENT (see Financial Aid below)
Make flexible tuition payments only after landing a new job
Up-front Cost: $500
Pay tuition in 4 payments during the bootcamp with no interest
Estimated Cost: $1,899-$2,874 per month
Up-front Cost: $500 deposit
STUDENT LOAN (see Financial Aid below)
Choose when you start paying and how much based on your credit history and finances
Estimated Cost: $150-$250 per month
Up-front Cost: $500 deposit
Income Share Agreement
You may be eligible to pay for tuition through the MentorWorks Income Share Agreement (ISA) program. With an ISA, a student has his or her education supported by an investor, in return for a contract to pay a specified percentage of income for a fixed period of time after graduation.
- ISA payments adjust according to levels of income
- Monthly payments are calculated by applying the student’s income share rate to their total monthly earned income
- ISA obligations can be ended earlier by making early payments as listed in an early payment schedule
Check ISA availability at this or another school.
Income Share Agreements may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A.
Federal Financial Aid *
Financial aid can come from federal, state, school, and private sources to help you pay for college or career school. Federal student aid from the U.S. Department of Education (ED) covers such expenses as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Aid can also help pay for other related expenses, such as a computer and dependent care. Thousands of schools across the country participate in the federal student aid programs.
There are also special aid programs or additional aid eligibility for serving in the military or for being the spouse or child of a veteran. And, Federal student aid may be available for studying at a school outside the United States, whether you’re studying abroad or getting your degree from an international school.
- Grants – A grant is a form of financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund, or you receive a TEACH Grant and don’t complete your service obligation). A variety of federal grants are available, including Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants, and Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants.
- Work-Study Jobs – The Federal Work-Study Program allows you to earn money to pay for school by working part-time.
- Loans – When you receive a student loan, you are borrowing money to attend a college or career school. You must repay the loan as well as interest that accrues. It is important to understand your repayment options so you can successfully repay your loan.
Apply for federal student aid — grants, work-study, and loans — using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form.
* Source: studentaid.gov
ISAs may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. Information above provided by Stack Education, (2020). MentorWorks Education Capital, Inc. (MentorWorks) is not a representative of Stack Educations and this listing does not constitute a recommendation, endorsement, or accreditation. Stack Education is not a representative or an affiliate of MentorWorks or Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. References on this website to Stack Education do not guarantee ISA eligibility or serve as financial advice. You should carefully consider your choice of educational program and seek advice from a qualified advisor.
Have Questions? Talk to Us.
Phone number: 617-829-2625
THE MENTORWORKS MISSION
Our mission is to open pathways to education and careers for students and candidates who may not have had the financial or social capital to do it on their own.
MENTORWORKS FUND & SUPPORT MODEL
Which Students We Fund
- College juniors & seniors and Master’s degree / post-graduate students
- Trainees in boot-camp, professional or trade certificate programs
- Aspiring career-changers & experienced professionals facing unemployment
How We Support Job Candidates
- Talent Accelerator Platform (TAP) – comprehensive, personalized job search & career coaching program
- MW Labs Experience – experiential learning opportunities to propose solutions to hiring employers
- Employer Engagement – live virtual events with employers, mentoring sessions and practice interviews